вторник, 20 септември 2011 г.

Sofia: Poetics 2011 - An event makes a summer (English)

Event, that's right, outdoor event in Borisova Garden on August 27 beginning at 16:00. As they say, and I was there, and I became part of the magic. On this day something really nice happens for me - well organized, with authors reading and live music of KseToFon; Nasekomix; Unknown Pleasures; Surbahar; Wayab; AS. And yes, they are all Bulgarians who played individually, played while the authors of poems, prose and poetry read their works alongside them, complementary each other. And there was a spectacle which can genuinely jealous, if you not present with one reason or another. And there was magic. That magic of literature to which you feel, cry, laugh, and feelings alternated with each passing minute, as a rotating wheel. And even better was that there was an experimental streak in all, which make extra feelings in me even more special, and I was glad, and I wrote, and there were people - straight, jumping, listening, sitting on the grass in front of the stage which was mounted behind the balustrade at The Lake With Lilies, and I felt part of the whole. For magic I mentioned before, no way a literature and the art to be not magic, They are, they were there among us, those who breathe poetry tonight.

KseToFon were inspired tonight, playing a mixture of indie rock with post-punk and garage rock, as the last.
Unknown Pleasures were ambient, post-rock, jazz, whatever your imagination require, stretched as plasticine, by the wonderful things that artists read.
Nasekomix were unearthly, Ronnie magnificent, guitar of Michael Yosifov sculpts emotions, and saxophone sounded as if listening to it somewhere in Central Park in New York - giddy and class. Someone said you John Zorn?
And I was there and I was part of the magic of these many who felt that Stefan Ivanov and his creation "Borisova Garden 2" deserves first place among all the guests from Britain, America, Greece, Turkey, Romania.
On his reading I was struck by virtue of that same magic. The magic of literature, no, Magic of the art. And, no, it was not just only my experience, it was the experience of all those who voted solid, albeit separately, for him. Because while he was reading, I cried, letting my tears to flow freely down on my face and listened stunned, and feel the warmth, closeness, timelessness, pleasure, I felt the power of being honest to yourself and the people.
The feeling of being yourself, to be being part of the magic. Did I mention the magic?
Tonight I realized, I saw and heard things, that make me feel, that in Bulgaria there is a place for people who write and create art, only more support from the state will not hurt him. Just this make art more audible and strong. As that magical evening that, which I will not forget for anything in the world, Magic which Stefan Ivanov with his work place at us. Tears, smiles, nice creative buzz, the feeling of unity, here and now, thanks to the people organizing this magic.
Guess that I will not be happy, cry (maybe) back to Sofia: Poetics 2012? The answer is perfectly clear, seek it in any word written by me above.

Here are links to the Facebook page of Sofia: Poetics

Sofia: Poetics Facebook Page

and site of Sofia: Poetics

Sofia: Poetics Web Site